Redress is an inclusive community of fashion lovers that nurtures independent designers and educates people about the impact of their purchasing decisions. We do this through:
- having an active and welcoming community that serves as a network of resources and support
- hosting an annual Fashion Show highlighting the best responsibly-produced apparel in the Southeastern U.S.
- continuously participating in the dialogue on fashion, ecochic, textiles, and creative entrepreneurs - both in person and online
- marketing great ecochic products through our social media network and e-newsletter list
- empowering people to make more responsible purchasing choices through events that expose them to the idea of being a conscious customer
In late 2015 we joined the nonprofit world and became an official 501c3!
Being a 501c3 means many things, but there are three significant changes we want to share with you:
1. Now any donation you make to Redress Raleigh is tax-deductible! We have updated our website to reflect the many options you have to invest in the future of fashion and textiles through our work. You can grow this community by giving a one-time donation, or you can choose to be a monthly Sustainer. Donors are vitally important to Redress.
2. We are now eligible for grants we were unable to apply for before! We plan to keep growing our capacity to serve independent designers and educate people on their purchasing decisions, and with our recent decision to become a 501c3, we will be seeking grant funding for future initiatives. We have a proven track record of success and many great ideas, but need some financial assistance in developing these plans. If you are aware of a grant that you think would be a good fit for Redress, feel free to send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Now anyone can volunteer for as little or as long as they like! As a non-profit organization, we can have volunteers throughout the year instead of interns who have to be enrolled for class credit. This means that even if you aren’t in school anymore, you can get involved! This also means that if you’d like to volunteer on a more regular basis throughout the year and not just at our events, we’d be happy to have you join the team. We will be adding more opportunities the more we grow, so stay tuned to our Volunteer page for current openings.
We can’t wait to start this new chapter and continue being a catalyst for change within the fashion and textiles industry!