WHAT WE DO
Redress Raleigh is a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
We are working toward our mission of nurturing independent designers and educating people about the impact of their purchasing decisions through a variety of activities, including:
- A Sustainable Fashion Incubator & Makerspace (coming summer 2017) that equips independent designers with the skills and tools they need to launch a sustainable fashion brand
- An annual fashion show highlighting the best responsibly-produced apparel in the Southeast. The fashion show provides a platform for designers to reach potential customers and shows attendees that eco-fashion can be innovative, wearable, and accessible.
- Hosting socials and networking events for the creative community. Through these events we like to highlight local companies doing awesome things - homegoods, beauty products, clothing, anything well-designed but strongly focused on positive impact on humanity and the environment.
- Being an active voice for a more responsible fashion industry through advocacy and education. We often participate in panel discussions, lectures, or other events where we can share our experience and knowledge.
- We send an e-newsletter with information on how you can support what we’re doing and other news on eco-fashion. We also maintain an active conversation on social media about the complexity of the fashion industry and highlight those who are making a difference.